Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Day 5 - paperwork mounts

Currently in Moncton and I have to say, I'm having some regrets about not ranking New Brunswick higher for training sites. So far every part of the province I've been to is lovely. Fredericton was charming. Grand falls was delightfully peaceful (except some neighbours that decided 3AM is a fabulous time to work on their cars). Moncton is convenient yet with gorgeous views. Bay of Fundy deserves every instagram it gets. I suppose I'd actually have to pick up French again if I moved here.

A few days ago we were in a small town on the outskirts of Quebec, where they didn't speak English at all. I ended up falling on some highly questionable high school French (sorry Mme Flynn!). I think I ordered some sort of sandwich for my mom. The food was tasty, and Quebecois poutine definitely trumps Ontario's best imitators.

I've got another day and a half or so left here in New Brunswick and I'm starting to sweat from the lack of paperwork I've done. My CPSNL application remains unsubmitted, though I intend to do that tomorrow. My ALARM pretest is currently open on my other tab and I'm pretending that I know how to count FHR. I've generally had an ultrasound machine for that.

Tomorrow is the time for worrying, for now it's time to remember how to do basic math again (40 heart beats in 8 seconds, how many per minute...ai).


No comments:

Post a Comment