Saturday, July 7, 2018

(Sort of) a week in

It's cheating, technically. I was only on for 4 days, and one of those days I only did half to get my license and everything fixed up. Speaking of, the plates are still in my car, I haven't been able to muster the dignity to go out where neighbours can see me and let everyone see my ineptitude with a screwdriver.

I'm not on call this weekend but for how not productive I'm being I may as well be. It's 3:30 in the afternoon, all I've done is sleep in, do some laundry and dishes. I haven't cleaned out the food I didn't finish eating from last week yet.

There's a chicken maple dijon recipe that I've tried 3 times and still can't get right. Everyone else hails it as the best chicken they ever had. I haven't once managed to eat more than one piece of it before letting it go bad. I swear I follow the recipe exactly, and it's from a chef that I trust. I have no idea what's happening. I like maple (I'm Canadian!) and dijon. I love chicken. Yet dijon + maple + chicken = blearghghfhf.

Ah well. The cheeseburger casserole turned out better than expected, and I'm trying to decide if it's too soon to cook it again.

I've been trying to get to the gym for 4 days now (day 4 today) and haven't succeeded yet. I've set a trap for myself. I only take out the (very meat and vegetable remains filled) garbage if I go to the gym on the way. I figure the smell will drive me out eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment